Are you thinking about pursuing a career in fashion designing? Well then the best place to kick start your career would be to join a relevant course in National Institute of Fashion Technology or more popularly known as NIFT.
This is one of the finest institutions of fashion designing in India which has its various centres around the country in Delhi, Kolkata etc. It has a host of notable alumni to which belong some ace designers of Bollywood like Ritu Beri and Sabysachi Mukherjee. However the tricky part is to crack the entrance exam of NIFT. Their entrance exams need preparation and will test your overall knowledge. Well if you want to prepare right for your entrance, then here are some tips that will surely help you along the way:
- One of the most important things that you need to do first is to access the NIFT syllabus that is prescribed by the institute itself. It is available online and if you need proper guidance with the preparation then you can always join nift coaching classes in delhi which will propel you in the right direction and help your preparation. If you are not comfortable with coaching then you can browse through the internet and access as much data as you can about these entrance exams so that you get a fair idea about what they are looking for in their applicants.
- You will also need to access previous years entrance exam question papers. Online courses and coaching classes will provide you with these. Looking at the previous years’ papers is important since it will help in forming an idea about how the papers are arranged so that you can save time during your entrance exam by already being familiar with question pattern. This will also help you to prepare better since a look at the papers will tell you which areas you need to focus on.
- You need to practise and practise sketching as much as you can. You need to push your creative side to its limits. In case of a road block take ideas from advertisements and magazines. Practise drawing figures and sketches. These will be a crucial part of your training process when in the program and hence the applicants who display good sketching skills will always have an advantage in their exams.
- As a part of your nift preparation in delhi figure out the sections in the paper. There will be a problem solving section and hence you will need to practise basic problem sums. Your analytical and logical skills will also be tested. You need to go back to the basics of English grammar in order to ace this entrance. Also keep yourself updated on current affairs and general knowledge topics. These are some essential areas that you will need to cover.
- And last but not the least, in order to prepare well for your exam, you need to chalk out a proper study plan and follow it through.
Dedication and practise infused with talent will get you through these exams. So start your preparations today!